Old Friends – 13 Coffee Break Stories

Coffee, cake and a chance to unwind for a few minutes with an absorbing story – who can say no?Old Friends - 13 Coffee Break Stories

So choose your favourite caffeine fix – latte, cappuccino, mocha ….

And which cake do you fancy? Lemon drizzle, chocolate fudge or fruit cake?

If you’re sitting comfortably, then I’ll begin.

Or I would if this was a ‘real’ instead of a virtual book launch. Then I could have the pleasure of meeting you all in the flesh and thanking you for all the support and positive comments about my first e-anthology. Plus I could read you one or two stories from the newly released Old Friends.

Instead I’ll just tell you about my second book and then you can visit Amazon and ‘Look Inside’ or download the sample to get a real flavour of it…

Old Friends contains 13 short stories that have previously appeared in My Weekly, People’s Friend and The Weekly News. I’ve included tales with a twist, stories about the ups and downs of family life plus, of course, a little romance.

I hope this collection will bring a little escapism to your coffee break!

It’s available from Amazon.UK and Amazon.COM at the introductory price of 77p/$1.19.

Or find it on all other Amazon sites by searching for ASIN B00BJIKIBI.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

, , , , ,

1. #1 by jakill on February 24, 2013 - 10:19 am

This is a really good idea. Hope you get lots of sales, Sally. I’ve got mine.

• #2 by Sally Jenkins on February 24, 2013 - 11:21 am

Thanks so much, Jean – I hope you enjoy it!

2. #3 by Wendy Clarke on February 24, 2013 - 11:32 am

This sounds a great relaxing read Sally. Well done on putting all the stories together in one book. I keep thinking about it but then don’t do anything about it!

• #4 by Sally Jenkins on February 24, 2013 - 11:41 am

Wendy – once you actually sit down and have a go at formatting, creating a cover etc. it’s not as difficult as you might expect. Give it a go!

3. #5 by susanjanejones on February 24, 2013 - 5:21 pm

Congratulations on book 2 Sally. Love the bright and straightforward cover. Good luck with it.

4. #7 by Anne Harvey on February 24, 2013 - 7:26 pm

Well done, Sally! I’m looking to put a trio of my short stories with the theme of uncertainty on Amazon some time soon. Just as soon as I feel up to tackling the technical details!

• #8 by Sally Jenkins on February 24, 2013 - 8:05 pm

Good Luck with it, Anne – and let us know when it’s ‘live’.

5. #9 by Nas Dean on February 24, 2013 - 7:31 pm

Looks like an awesome idea! Congratulations on new book!

All the best!

6. #11 by Helen Baggott on February 24, 2013 - 8:15 pm

Loved your first anthology and I’ve just bought this one. Perfect balance of humour and pathos – very moving. Should ration myself to one story a day…but can’t!

7. #13 by Janice Preston on February 25, 2013 - 9:56 am

Hope there’s still some cake left, Sally. Love the cover. Thoroughly enjoyed your first anthology so will be downnloading this one too. Good luck.

• #14 by Sally Jenkins on February 25, 2013 - 1:09 pm

I saved you some lemon drizzle cake, Janice. I hope you enjoy this book too!

8. #15 by Patsy on February 25, 2013 - 10:06 am

Good luck with this, Sally.

9. #17 by Tracy Fells on February 25, 2013 - 10:34 am

Well done on your second collection Sally! Loved the first one, which reminds me I must post a review on Amazon!!

• #18 by Sally Jenkins on February 25, 2013 - 1:10 pm

Thanks, Tracy – a review would be fantastic!

10. #19 by Jeanne Olivier on February 26, 2013 - 11:21 am

Great stuff Sally! I really enjoyed ‘One day for Me’ and I’m looking forward to reading ‘Coffee Break Stories’. You have a great blog! A real inspiration!

11. #21 by aliceinwritingland on February 26, 2013 - 11:04 pm

Brilliant, Sally. Congratulations on your second book :-)

12. #23 by Linda on February 27, 2013 - 3:06 pm

Okay, you’ve convinced me … I haven’t got a kindle, and no plans to buy one, but I will ask my resident computer expert about downloading the software to read your book on my pc.
    Good luck with it!

• #24 by Sally Jenkins on February 27, 2013 - 7:24 pm

Hope the downloading doesn’t cause too much agro and thanks for your support, Linda!

13. #25 by blogaboutwriting on February 28, 2013 - 8:24 pm

Congratulations on your new book, Sally! Just as soon as I get my new e-reader (hopefully any day now!) I will be downloading it and looking forward to nice relaxing read. Well done on getting your head round all that technology! I think it would beat me!

• #26 by Sally Jenkins on February 28, 2013 - 8:39 pm

I’m sure you could do it, Helen. You just need to set aside a bit of time.

14. #27 by Vikki Thompson on March 2, 2013 - 7:16 am

Hi honey :)

I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please don’t feel obligated to accept ;)