… a few interesting bits and pieces
- Waterstones are offering a Faber Academy Creative Writing Short Course (worth £450) in a prize draw, the only snag is you need a Waterstone’s loyalty card to enter – so if you haven’t got one, get one now! Then click here for full details and your chance to win. Closing date 1st September 2011.
- Ian Arkell used the contact form on my ‘About’ page to tell me about his novel, ‘Who Your Mates Are’, which is available for free on his blog. It is a crime novel set in Sydney and the south coast of New South Wales, Australia. Ian came across the usual brick wall when he tried to get it published in the traditional way and so decided to put it in blog form. He explains why here.
- If you enjoy blogging and have an interest in natural health then here is the competition for you. The Wise Woman is running a Natural Health Blog Competition. 500 words on any topic related to natural health could win you £100. Entry fee is £2 and the closing date 31st August 2011.
- As with any job, writing and publishing has its own ‘lingo’ that can seem amazingly complicated to the newcomer. Nicola Davies has been attempting to de-mystify some of the technical terms associated with magazine publishing on her blog. Have a look here if you want to be able to understand ‘editor speak’.
- And don’t forget there’s still time to enter the 100 word story competition on Helen Yendall’s blog – there are two fabulous writing books to be won. Closing date is 26th July and entry is via email.