Yours is a fortnightly lifestyle magazine targeting women aged 55+ and offers several slots for getting into print:
- Your Memories – send in ‘an amazing story’ (no more than 1000 words) from your past plus photos for a chance to earn £100.
- Travel – send a 300 word review of your holiday plus a picture with you in it. Each story printed receives £50.
- Grandkids Gallery – send in a photo of your grandchild or something funny that they’ve said. All those printed receive a £10 High Street voucher
- Meeting Place – this is described as ‘the heart of the magazine’ and welcomes funny stories, rants and photos. Every contribution featured gets a £10 High Street voucher and the Star letter gets £25.
- I followed my dream – £25 for 200 words
- Amazing at 80+ – £25 for 200 words plus a photo
- Fashion we wore – send in your picture of fashion from the past plus 60 words describing it for a £10 High Street voucher.
- Short story – the magazine uses one short story per issue. The guidelines are on the magazine’s website here.
- Nostalgia features – up to 1000 words. The guidelines are on the magazine’s website here.
Remember to study a few issues of the magazine in order to get a feel for the style before sending anything in and don’t expect a fast turnaround for anything you submit – Yours receives around 1500 letters and emails every fortnight and asks fiction and feature writers to allow 6 months before chasing their submissions.
Yours also publishes a hardback annual in the run up to Christmas and a short story which I submitted to the magazine a few years ago was eventually selected for publication in the annual instead, so there appears to be some crossover between the two publications.