Many thanks to Susan Jones for sending me this great award!
The rules of the award state that I have to tell you 7 things about myself and then pass the award on to 7 more deserving bloggers. So here goes!
- I am a campanologist (church bellringer) and have rung 2 peals in my ringing career (a peal is 3 hours of non-stop ringing).
- I’ve been writing on and off for around 17 years but only started taking it more seriously two and a half years ago when I teamed up with my writing buddy Helen Yendall.
- I have run 2 Half Marathons (both in Birmigham – 2008 & 2010) – I think they were the result of some sort of panicky mid-life crisis!
- In my day job I am a computer programmer – so often don’t fancy writing in the evening when I’ve stared at a computer screen all day.
- I love watching ‘murder’ drama serials on TV such as Midsomer Murders, Waking the Dead, Silent Witness etc. If you throw in some red wine and dark chocolate then I’m really in heaven!
- On William & Kate’s wedding day I attended (& helped organise) my first ever street party. It was great fun and our road is now looking forward to another for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee next year.
- I love routine! All the bank holidays over the last few weeks have played havoc with my writing time so now I’m looking forward to getting back to normal!
Next week I’ll announce the 7 worthy blogs that I’m passing this award on to.
#1 by Helen Yendall on May 2, 2011 - 5:03 pm
Great stuff, Sally! I really enjoyed reading that and finding out more about you!!
#2 by Patsy Collins on May 2, 2011 - 5:05 pm
Congratulations, on your award.
3 hours of bell ringing is an impressive feat.
#3 by Susan Jones on May 2, 2011 - 5:48 pm
My goodness, I thought you were interesting already. What a busy life you’ve got. Have you ever done an article on bell ringing? Thanks for sharing this list with us.
#4 by Sally Jenkins on May 2, 2011 - 6:14 pm
Yes, I have written a couple of articles on bellringing – but never succeeded in getting any published! Maybe one day…
#5 by Marilyn Rodwell on May 2, 2011 - 9:37 pm
Hi Sally, Interesting to hear those seven things about you. I only knew one…but not even a full one. Impressive …especially the Half Marathons.